Wednesday, September 7, 2016

3 Websites & Responsiveness


The analogy that Marcotte used in his article to explain the concept of a responsive web design that reacts and adjusts to the “ebb and flow of thing”, similar to a responsive smart building, was fantastic. It allowed me to gain a deeper understanding into design problems of today, and the solutions that will be created in the future. If the real brick and mortar world of architectural design can create responsive buildings that sense and react to interaction, there is no reason that the concept cannot translate into the digital world.


Call me boring….My favorite website is Amazon, due to the fact that it is easy to navigate and the services allow me to order just about anything, seamlessly, at a great price with a click of a button. The site is indeed responsive. Although there are numerous fantastic companies out there offering  quality goods and services on-line, some sites are less than desirable. If a site is unresponsive or difficult to navigate….I leave – quickly! www.amazon.com

Certainly internet users have their own parameters relating to sites that they “hate”. Websites that are confusing and unintuitive certainly would make my website “hate” list. Sites that make using services downright difficult, if not impossible would be on my list. The DMV (California) could be one of the worst sites that I have ever encountered….difficult password word requirements, redundant, unresponsive, time consuming – horrible! Unfortunately when I used the site yesterday, I spent almost an hour accomplishing nothing prior to leaving the site – quickly (and frustrated).

Typically I use the internet to research and accomplish tasks. Putting aside listening to music or watching a movie, I do not typically use the internet entertainment. Recently I discovered a fun website that allows the user to create cool electronic beat music – simply by clicking on a few boxes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Cesarini_Final

I hope you have a great Holiday break!!! EmCesarini.github.io Website Direct Link