This class offers all students an forum to discuss, submit work and critique Web Design trends, digital media technology and culture. Students will create Web Design projects using a variety of software design tools as they define and decide what works best for them. Students will analyze and write about cutting edge web design and also experiment and deploy their own personal website.
Tuesday, December 6, 2016
Vinyl: A Different Way to Listen to Music
As a hardcore music listener and appreciator of the art, I have wanted a turntable. I had thought about buying one for the longest time to see what the hype was about. So over thanksgiving break, I went and bought a turntable. To sum it all up in one phrase, the hype was real. The interactivity was on another level compared to streaming and buying MP3s. From the moment you go shopping for a turntable and some records, you already feel more immersed in the art. The biggest difference is that it is physical. When I bought my first two records, it felt genuine. Best way to compare is to a painting. When we look at a painting online, we feel indifferent. But when we see a painting in real life we feel much more connected to the artist and their work. Next details that I notice is the dropping the needle and enjoy the much better quality that vinyl gives. In contrast to MP3s, I felt much more in control of my music. Choosing the side of the record I wanted to play and where to drop the needle played a part in my connection to the music. So overall, I'm glad I bought a record player and I appreciate and understand its come back over the recent years due to its quality and the connection it creates between artist and listener
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cesarini_Final
I hope you have a great Holiday break!!! EmCesarini.github.io Website Direct Link
-
Chrome Experiments Not going to lie I was having so much fun on the chrome experiments page. They are so interactive and the themes are so...
-
The episode of Black Mirror that we watched in class was a very interesting take on a world that relies on the judgement on others. I feel l...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.